Friday, February 10, 2012

Special Birthday Phonecall

Cielo calls Nathan her fraternal twin. Nathan answers sleepily.

Nathan: Yes?
Cielo: Good morning brother. Happy birthday!
Nathan: Cielo. Good morning too and thank you. You're the first to greet.
Cielo: Really? That's good. For how many years have you lived now brother?
Nathan: Cielo, it's your birthday too.
Cielo: Yes. I know, but I have stopped living years ago. Anyway, so? How many years?
Nathan: Is this one of your episodes again?
Cielo: I don't really know. I've lost track.
Nathan: 30 Cielo. We are now 30 years old. It's been two years since I've married and I have a 9-month old daughter now.
Cielo: Ah. yes. Nephtalie.
Nathan: Natalie
Cielo: Natalia. A very nice name.
Nathan: That's not my daughter's name.
Cielo: Still, it's a nice name.
Nathan: Whatever. I need to go to work.
Cielo: You lived well brother. You did.
Nathan: Cielo...you did too.
Cielo: laughs... hardly
Nathan: You frequent party places, if not empty your own bar at home. You smoke pot and cigarette. You sleep with men you think you actually want. You get all the fun when you want it and where you want it. Don't you call that living?
Cielo: NO. Surviving brother. You call that surviving.
Nathan: Cielo... put the phone down now and take your meds.
Cielo: This is not one of my episodes brother.
Nathan: Then what is this?
Cielo: It's my happy birthday phone call for you. It's special on your special day.
Nathan: On our special day.
Cielo: I have stopped living for a while now and days are all the same to me.
Nathan: I'm dropping by your place later. Did you call Denver last night?
Cielo: I did not. I have not even attempted.
Nathan: Don't.
Cielo: Brother... someone took living out of my life.
Nathan: tsk... Cielo don't put the pho... (beep)

Cielo hangs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment