Friday, February 10, 2012

Blues Letter

January 11, 2011

Dear Stranger,

How do we go about this? This will be my first letter and probably the last. I am not sure when this blues is going to kick again. While I still can, I wish to explain how things are going to be between the two of us. You are going to be the receiver and I the messenger. That is the only relationship we have. You cannot be I nor can I be you. We are what I have said we are until such time that one or both of us dies or gets into a physical state where he can no longer fulfill his commitment in this relationship. The other will have of course noticed, thus, will also stop from fulfilling his task. Hopefully we agree on this. If both parties say Aye then let us commence.

I am a girl. I am also a woman, most of the time a lady of madness, sophistication. I am high-maintenance because I dislike lots of things in life, mostly those I should not dislike. Anyway, I am this. I shall be writing to you because I wish to speak with a stranger, to get something across. That something, I have no certainty as to what. You may guess it as we go on. You may also not care if that is your wish. However, I need you to always read my letters. As was earlier mentioned, you will be the receiver. That is your primary and only duty. I cannot have you usurping my role. You are not made for that. This agreement is made for things to be that way. Now let us proceed.

I need you to be prepared for all kinds of letters that may find you. It can be filled with remorse, hatred, happiness, at times cruelty. The letters may even contain tears and words, words and tears, or only tears. You must accept whatever is contained in the letters. You must embrace it. It may contain moods as well. The letters may arrive in black, blue, or red. Whatever pleases me, that will be how the letter will get to your hands. Music may sound in some of the letters. Read through the lyrics, the silver lining. You will never know what I may be saying through the sounds as well. You had better be ready.

Stranger, I repeat. It is your primary duty to fulfill your task. It is integral for this thing to work. You must remember that people who try to shirk from work destroys the system. Nothing is wrong in swimming against the current, however, if it is done out of selfish motive, without just cause, it might just break a nerve. It might just send someone to his death. It might just send me to my death.

Do not be afraid stranger. The letters will not control harm. At times you may feel the fury in the pages, or the love if there ever will be again. You may even get caught in the crossfire of the manic and depressive speaker. But it is your duty never to surrender. Many things are on your hands now. Understand what I say now. You listen, I tell. There is nothing else between us. Only letters, words, fragments that speak, sentences that cry, paragraphs that do not lie. There may even be essays that carry a beating heart, and a working brain. It is your task to receive. Do not stray. Do not stray. Do not stray.

Sincerely,
The Messenger

No comments:

Post a Comment