Thursday, December 1, 2011

Laws of Attraction

And because I love you,

I will have prepared myself for death.

You are lightning striking the earth too low

And I

An innocent passerby, unfortunately struck

By a portion of your fiery ray

I lost soul when I have died

In your overpowering sunshine

I have lost a mile of what I could have traveled.

A dozen or more of days, ways, mays

Have been

Years to be exact

move like water in tightly shut palms

And without notice, the youth of my past has taken leave

Of me

I granted it permission

I have nothing to feed it

It was a dog carved out of the electricity

You have bolted in me.

There was nothing but this

But you

The lightning

Said Mario Puzo

An Italian saying…

I have been struck by lightning…



4:04 pm 01 12 11

No comments:

Post a Comment